These chicken burgers are easy to make and are a much healthier alternative to regular take-away burgers.
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 4 scallions (spring onions), finely chopped
- 4 tbs finely chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1 lemon halved
- 5-1/2 oz tabbouleh (see recipe here)
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, halved
Mix first 6 ingredients together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape the mixture into four patties. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before cooking.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the patties and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
Squeeze the lemon on cooked patties and drain well on paper towel. Add patties to the halved wholegrain buns and fill with tabbouleh.
Prep time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes refrigeration | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Serves 4