ASIAN BEEF AND NOODLES
This budget-friendly recipe is a good source of Vitamin C, which keeps gums and blood vessels healthy.
Ingredients: Makes 6 servings
3/4 pound lean ground beef
2 cups water
2 (3-ounce) packages Oriental flavor instant ramen-style noodles, broken into small pieces (reserve seasoning packets)
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen Asian-style vegetables, or any other frozen vegetables
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Add 2 cups of water and one seasoning packet to cooked beef and mix well.
- Add frozen vegetables, green onion, ginger, and garlic and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add ramen noodles, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Information per 2/3 cup serving:
Calories 140, %Calories from fat 35%, Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 9g, Total fat 5g, Saturated fat 2.5g, Trans fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 380mg